Re: Object required for (Wscript.sleep 15000)

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 18:23:01 +1000

Holger Baer wrote:
> benazir wrote:

[snip]

> Benazir, I'm sorry to say that, but your mail shows that you don't
> understand the tools you are using and I fear that may include the
> database.
>
> Please do yourself a favour and register at http://otn.oracle.com.
> (Registration is free) You will find an overwhelming mass of documentation
> including the Concepts Guide and several books targeted on backup
> and recovery. Read and understand them (from cover to cover).
>
> The funny thing is, that many people will somehow get a backup
> skript going they grabbed off some website; but the will constantly
> fail to ever test if they actually can recover *without* loss of
> data.

 From the header of the script he's talking about:

"'The provision of any script,
'by any author, is not an invitation to disengage your brain."

I did try.

Also from the web page where you download it:

"The days of performing operating-system command-based backups are (or should be) over. I would much prefer to recommend that you get to grips with the Oracle-supplied RMAN utility, since it does the job elegantly and with considerable performance and convenience gains to be had by users and administrators alike."

I tried again.

:-(
HJR Received on Wed May 05 2004 - 03:23:01 CDT