Re: Maybe we did some good here....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 21:49:32 -0700

Thomas Gaines wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>>Thank you Dave M.
>>
>>We appreciate the fact that you listened and that you are your team
>>responded.
>>

> Daniel - I assume that you're referring to Dave Muirhead. If so, I've had
> bad
> luck in the past trying to get Dave's attention. Even when I was an Oracle
> employee,
> my nice, polite suggestions went completely unacknowledged. A couple of
> years
> ago, I even had to cry out for help here in this forum from someone, anyone
> in
> the Metalink group, and Tom Kyte, even though he's not
> officially a support person, kindly responded. Now there's a guy who's
> responsive to the little people out here!
>
> Tom G.

I had a phone call from Dave within hours of trying to reach him. He was attentive, concerned, and as you can clearly see ... responsive. Oracle could use a lot more employees like him.

Which is in no way intended in minimize the huge contributions made by Tom Kyte, Mark Townsend, Peter Shaman and other Oracle employees that stop by here and are helpful. Dave does deserve credit in this case as he and his team did exactly what we asked them to do ... pay attention to our concerns.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu