Re: Backup trends (2): HOT or COLD

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 May 2004 15:36:44 -0700

There are actually a number of bugs and misfeatures, but overall I'd say it's better than the old way. Definitely better in later versions. This was kinda interesting, if obscure: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=BUG&p_id=2238718

> DD <denisdo_at_yahoo.com>:
>
> > If something went wrong - you always can "set DBID = xxxxxx" and
> > recover your backup from recovered (in it's turn, before all others)
> > backup copy of controlfile. And before each backup, do "report schema"
> > - it will help you alot in future. And, if you are really desperate -
> > there is a pl/sql procedures that can restore your original backup
> > file from "backup handle" - so you will be able to apply it even
> > without rman (not all the times - but still can do it). However,
> > properly organized backup never let such pain to happen.
>
> Where can I find such pl/sql procedures (just in case ;-))?
> Best greetings,
> Lucyna

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=60545.1 among others.

jg