Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 20:44:20 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 2004 19:03:35 GMT, Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
> wrote:
>
>>...or were you just trying to start another flame war?
>
> Wasn't thst what the OP was up to, making some negative observations
> about Oracle.

On reflection, I worded that wrong. It should have read "...or were you just trying to _amplify_ another flame war..." I didn't even hint that I agreed with the OP. I happen to agree with _you_ that the OP was likely trying to start another tiresome open-source war, either that or (s)he is wholly ignorant of the vagaries of usenet in general.

> If you subscribe to the Open Source Religion, why asking
> questions in the camp of the Enemy?

Square peg, round hole. I don't fall into one camp or the other. My job dictates that I use both (and many other things) to get done what needs to be done. Besides, I'm not going to get involved in a flame war based on my likes and dislikes of _software_, I just don't have the time for that (nor the inclination). In addition, it was more of a rhetorical question, since we both know that Daniel should know better than to fall into simplistic traps like that.

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Cheers,

Bricklen Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 15:44:20 CDT