STATSPACK Report Accuracy???

From: Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:49:45 -0400

When running STATSPACK reports I see some Datafile I/O Avg Read Times of 10's of thousands of ms. Such as 85,000 Avg Read Times in millisenconds. Wow!!

Is STATSPACK accurate? can it be i have Oracle waiting 85 seconds on average to read a block from a file?

With each 24 hour snap I see similar and higher numbers, but always on different files.

Am beginning to think a problem with the storage array...

All disk files are on EMC disks using PowerPath an SRDF.

Appreciate anyone's opinion or feedback.

thanks.

Charles Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 12:49:45 CDT