Re: OCP - Finish the 8i exams or startover on 9i track

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:32:15 GMT

Noons wrote:

> "Christian Svensson" <chse30_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I know there are a lot of "OCP bashing" in this forum. So please dont
> > comment on that OCP is bad... and you know the rest.
>
> If it was just this forum...
>

> > The reason I take up this question here is that I want to know how
> > much its worth to have the 8i knowledge gained from the studying for
> > the 8i track.
>
> finish the 8i stuff and then do the 9i upgrade,
> the 10g upgrade, ad infinitum.
> At least it won't be a TOTAL waste of time.
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

I just read that the 8i OCP exams will expire on Dec 31, 2004. So if you can't complete the full course of exams by that date, then you might want to consider starting on 9i instead. But this is more than six months away so you should be able to do it.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com