Re: Remote DB monitoring

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 07:37:57 -0500

On Tue, 04 May 2004 11:34:59 +0200, Johan Louwers <suntacNOSPAMPLEASE_at_dds.nl> wrote:

>throw an internet connection?
>No problem depending on what you will allow to be accessed true the
>firewall... You can tune your FW to allow only trafic from a
>pre-defined IP adres.
>
>You could use enterprise manager buth also something like
>http://www.idbconsulting.com/us/incMyDBA.cfm
>
>Regards,
>Johan Louwers.
>

>On Tue, 4 May 2004 10:54:58 +0200, "ruben" <ma.leira_at_eresmas.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi, i want to monitoring a data base oracle 8.1.6.3.0 throw an internet
>>connection. Exists any aplication or tool to make this tarea?
>>
>>thanks

"true a firewall"?
"buth"?

I've often wanted to throw my internet connection, especially when it's no faster than a 300bps dial-up. (Who remembers those?)

I have some idea how to true my bicycle wheels (though I still let the mechanic at my LBS do it) but I haven't a clue as to how to true a firewall.

Buth then I digress . . .