Re: dbms_job and "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel"

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 08:51:48 +1000

Daniel Morgan wrote:

[snip]

> You have an unsupported version, almost paleolithic, on an operating
> system for which it was never tested or certified.

Actually, 8.1.6 was indeed certified for Windows 2000. It was the first release certified for that platform, actually.

> The solution, it would seem to me, is pretty clear. Upgrade at a
> minimum to 8.1.7.4 which begins desupport in December of this year or,
> better yet, move to 9.2.0.4 or above.

Well, he might be constrained to run on 8.1.6... in which case, I seem tor ecall that 8.1.6.3 was the first (and only) stable release of 8.1.6. Not that he'll readily be able to obtain the necessary upgrade packages even so, of course.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon May 03 2004 - 17:51:48 CDT