Re: Index management

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 07:36:09 +0000 (UTC)

I think index prefetching may be an Oracle 9 thing, but there are so many versions out now that my memory of when something appearedd (as opposed to when it was published, announced or working) sometimes fails me.

Look in the 10053 traces for lines line:

    Index prefetching is on for index XXX

especially on index full scan paths.

(just because it's on, by the way, doesn't mean you'll see it happen in a 10046 wait trace).

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

June  2004      UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar
July 2004 USA West Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
August 2004 Charlotte NC, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September 2004 USA East Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar