Error when changing tablespace for a blob column

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2004 17:30:56 -0700

I changed data type of a lomg raw column to blob and I wnated to place blob column to a tablespace of its own. I use following statements: alter table LTR_BODY modify (LTR_BODY_TXT BLOB); alter table LTR_BODY move
lob (LTR_BODY_TXT) store as
(tablspace s_pqms_blob);
SQL> SQL> SQL> SQL> SQL>
Table altered.
SQL> 2 3 (tablspace s_pqms_blob)
*
ERROR at line 3:
ORA-22853: invalid LOB storage option specification I don't see any thing wrong in my syntax and tablespace S_PQMS_BLOB does exist in
the database.

I have tried many other combinations but somehow all of them error with ORA 22853.

If I create a brand new table using create table them things work fine. Received on Sat May 01 2004 - 19:30:56 CDT