9.2.0.5 & catpatch.sql - how long does it take?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 20:45:03 GMT

After installing 9i, applying latest patchset, and creating new databases, and importing schema's from 8.1.7.4 etc., I am running catpatch.sql on said database(s), one has been running well over an hour, and seems to be stuck, but I am still seeing CPU activity on the box (W2KAS) However, it has been stuck at this same place for quite some time. I am not seeing anything in the way of errors thus far...

Anyone else run this and remember how long it took?

When running in "startup migrate" mode are other outside connections allowed? I'm wondering because I can connect thru sql but not OEM. I am also wondering if an outside job hitting the DB has perhaps gummed up the works.

And I have increased the java_shared_pool and shared_pool_size to >150MB and system tablespace is set to autoextend.

TIA Received on Sat May 01 2004 - 15:45:03 CDT