Re: W2000 connect / as sysdba problem

From: Andrew <myfam_at_surfeu.fi>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 20:03:18 -0700

What you saying is correct. But if I were able to formulate my question as you did for me below I wouldn't ask it at all. Simply because as all is running on the same laptop (oracle instance and connection to it) I wasn't able to associate my problem with the fact that I am not connected to domain...

I think if oracle is configured to use OS authentication it should always allow privileged connection to local instance (whether OS connected to domain or not). Simply because I am allowed to log in to OS so Oracle should obey this fact. If you allowed to drive the car you should be allowed to steer it :)