Re: W2000 connect / as sysdba problem

From: Andrew <myfam_at_surfeu.fi>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 19:48:56 -0700

Hi
now I switched to

remote_login_passwordfile = SHARED

so when laptop is connected to domain I can use

connect / as sysdba

if laptop is not connected to network, i.e. at home, I am using

connect sys/password as sysdba.

This is ok, I just have to edit my scripts to always use sys/password in connect string which is not a big deal.

This all is taking place on my laptop. Instance is running on my laptop and I am connecting to this instance on the same laptop. Why the hell it requires domain access to allow me to "connect / as sysdba" I don't know...

I am using good old W2K pro.

Thanks for your answers guys.
Andrew