Re: Index management

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 17:39:43 -0700

DiggidyMack69_at_hotmail.com (DiggidyMack69) wrote in message news:<c86ce4f.0404300648.63277bc8_at_posting.google.com>...
> Are there supplied scripts, packages, or procedures that will find and
> rebuild existing index's? What I am really looking for is a script to
> be run to rebuild fragmented index's as needed.

And of course, if you don't believe these guys now, look at http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=182699.1

Here's a bunch of handy scripts, but be sure you understand why you run any you happen to run, some are elderly and have lost correctness:

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=131704.1

Don't forget to post version info, it can make a difference. http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--