Re: sql loader time field only no date

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:44:44 -0600

Bob -

I haven't tried do this sort of load, but perhaps an "INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND" datatype for the last column would be appropriate. It depends upon your version of Oracle whether this type is available to you. I know that you're
not specifying the day in this last column, but perhaps there's a way to set the day part to zero.

I have to ask, however, why you're separating the last two fields. Don't the two of them, taken collectively, represent the start time? So why not store them together in a simple date column? Just wonderin'...

Thanks,
Tom