Re: Dropped table still has name in use

From: David Best <davebest_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:53:36 -0700

"KevJohnP" <nospam_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:qdlkc.42$8J.1856_at_news.xtra.co.nz...
> anonymous wrote:
>
> > I used the TOAD feature of "Rebuild Table" on a table I am experimenting
> > with (no important data in it). It renamed the table to table_x ok,
copied
> > the data to it, dropped the original table, then when it went to
re-create
> > the table, it gave ORA-00955: name is aready used by an existing object.
At
> > the time, I was also testing an alter schema DDL trigger which had
problems,
> > so it's possible this had some interaction (I've since dropped the
trigger).

> > A select from all_objects and even sys.obj$ looking for the table name,
> > returns nothing. But trying to create even a dummy table using that
name
> > gives the error.
> >
> > Any ideas? TIA. Oh, Oracle 9.2.0.1
> >

> Maybe post your create table statement, possible causes that spring to
> mind are that it is not the table name that is the problem, but a
> constraint or similar on your renamed table.

I dropped the renamed table and all triggers/constraints.

Connected to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Connected as pmg

SQL> select count(*) from all_objects where object_name = 'UTL_TABLES';

  COUNT(*)

         0

SQL> create table utl_tables (dmy number);

create table utl_tables (dmy number)

ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 12:53:36 CDT