Re: W2000 connect / as sysdba problem

From: Andrew <myfam_at_surfeu.fi>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 09:04:48 -0700

Guys
I found the problem and this is probably why this issue is so "popular"
I have domain account on my laptop which is member of ORA_DBA group.

Consider simple test I did:

  1. I deleted instance oradim -delete -sid XXX
  2. changed remote_login_passwordfile = NONE
  3. Created instance oradim -new -sid XXX -startmode manual -pfile XXX.ora
  4. sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect / as sysdba Connected to an idle instance. i.e. works just fine
  5. then!!! I unplug network cable from my laptop, so there is no connection to domain and...

SQL> connect / as sysdba
ERROR:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

6. then!!! I plug cabple back in and
SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected to an idle instance.
i.e. works just fine again

So it needs connection to donain to authenticate. But W2K allows logging in using same account when not in domain (or no network connection). Why oracle doesn't allow internal connection in this case. Is there a way to fix that? Logging to windows with different, i.e. local, acount is not an option of course, same account has to be used.

Thanks,
Andrew