Re: Duplicating DB with RMAN

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:13:14 +0200

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:08:10 +0200, Forte Agent wrote (in message <kcg490t0pticbfc6j3pq770p3vpb6dq81s_at_4ax.com>):

> OS is HP/UX 11.11 and DB is 9.2.0.4.

>>> What am I doing wrong?  Thank you in advance.

What exactly did you do ? To me it sounds like duplicating on an other server without copying the backupsets to the 2nd server. rman is not going to read the backupsets from an other server; the backup sets need to be on the same location and on the same server as where the new database has to be created.

--
With kind regards,
Ronald