Re: 10G database in Production

From: Richard A Foote <richard.foote_at_tbigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:40:53 GMT

"Louis Cohen" <louiscohen_at_alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:f650e66c.0404291118.58f27f77_at_posting.google.com...
> Has anyone started using 10g in production on unix, especially HP-UX?
> Or at least done a significant evaluation.
>
> I'm very interested in what you think of it in terms of
> production-readiness - is it ready or should users wait for the next
> release.

Hi Louis,

We're at the very early stages of evaluation although there are a number of new advancements with regard to Oracle Text that has various developers excited.

However, Oracle doesn't exactly have a perfect record with it's first versions of major releases (think Oracle7, think Oracle8, think Oracle8i, think Oracle9i ...) and it would be a brave soul who would jump in too quickly with the first release of 10g ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 08:40:53 CDT