Re: Can someone briefly refresh my memory...

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:37:07 +1000

Noons wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
>

>>There's been a virus lately that claims to be returned mail or failed
>>delivery of mail, but actually just uses spoofed email addresses. Maybe
>>you're suffering from that?

> Nope. My PC at home is impervious to any Winblows viruses.
> This is e-mail I'm getting in my yahoo account through which
> I never send e-mail. It's coming in from
> howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au or someone that purports to have
> that addie, with an attachment of some sort that triggers
> all the yahoo virus checkers!
>
> Did you notice that yahoo has finally stopped including virus
> attachments around the 140K size? I now get regularly 80 or
> so spam/virus messages in their account but hardly use more than
> 2 or 3% of the allocated space. Amazing: it only took them a year
> or so to take some action... :)

Well, I don't *think* it's me. I mean, I haven't logged onto yahoo's website, still less its mail service since about November of last year if memory serves.

I just have now, of course, and there's nothing obvious to indicate mail being sent to you at all.

Sorry. Not much I can do, I think.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 08:37:07 CDT