Re: Can someone briefly refresh my memory...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:27:35 +1000

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40923e85$0$442$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> There's been a virus lately that claims to be returned mail or failed
> delivery of mail, but actually just uses spoofed email addresses. Maybe
> you're suffering from that?

Nope. My PC at home is impervious to any Winblows viruses. This is e-mail I'm getting in my yahoo account through which I never send e-mail. It's coming in from howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au or someone that purports to have that addie, with an attachment of some sort that triggers all the yahoo virus checkers!

Did you notice that yahoo has finally stopped including virus attachments around the 140K size? I now get regularly 80 or so spam/virus messages in their account but hardly use more than 2 or 3% of the allocated space. Amazing: it only took them a year or so to take some action... :)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto