SQL Deletes without rollback

From: stevie <steviehaston_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 01:28:09 -0700

Hi

I'm trying to find the fastest way to delete about 6 million records from a table based on an exists condition with another table.

Delete from ORIGINAL O where not exists
(select K.ID, K.AMID from KEEP K where K.ID = O.ID and K.AMID = O.AMID) This takes a long time (~2hrs).

I thought I would turn of rollback, since I don't care about this operation being recoverable, with 'alter table ORIGINAL nologging' but I still see lots of activity in the rollback activity.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation or provide any tips on improving the performance ?

TIA
Stevie Received on Fri Apr 30 2004 - 03:28:09 CDT