Re: Oracle Backup/Restore books

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:33:24 GMT

John Wood wrote:

> I would like to setup Oracle Hot backup, probably using RMAN for
> Backup/Restore. We are on Window 2000 environment. Please advice some
> good books I can buy for steps in setting it up.
> Thanks.
> JW

Suggest you start with the free Oracle book called "Backup and Recovery Concepts". It's available at http://docs.oracle.com

The thrilling sequels to this are

Recovery Manager Quick Reference
Recovery Manager Reference
Recovery Manager User's Guide

found at the same location.

Funny thing about these books is they match the version you are using and are likely relevant. Anything you buy will likely be generic or will be out of date soon. Of course, if you want to spend money ...

/Hans Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 09:33:24 CDT