Re: Can someone briefly refresh my memory...

From: Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:19:27 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> I set timing on in Sql*Plus 8.1.7.0, did a bit of DML and came out with
> a time of (and I quote) "00:01:101.96".
>
> Does that mean '1 minute, 101 point 96 seconds'?
>
> Why is it not 2 minutes 41.96 seconds, which feels about right for the
> run in question??
>
> Or is it counting in base 32-and-a-half or something???
>
> Regards
> HJR

Hi Howard,
I recall hearing mention of a bug in sqlplus' timing output. All that I could dig up was this:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=uadns90vx.fsf%40oracle.comX

If you run out of options, I'm sure you could contact Oracle's sqlplus division directly by way of Christopher Jones or Alison Holloway to get the full details.

Cheers,

Bricklen Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 09:19:27 CDT