Re: Statspack

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 00:34:53 -0700

> your buffer cache seems low.
> your dbfmbrc seems high.
> when you perform a 10046 trace against a statement that executes a
> full table scan, how many blocks are read at a time?
>
> Pd

Im curious... what makes you think that the DBFMBRC is too high...?

Looking at the breakdown of waits, the vast majority is for sequential I/O (i.e. index lookups).

I would have thought if the Multi Read count was too high then the optimizer would have been doing excessive FTS....

Matt Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 02:34:53 CDT