MSSQL to Oracle 9i - conversion

From: <clayfix98_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2004 14:23:48 -0700

Hi all, I am not very familiar with database but I have a general question about Database Scripts.

Now, we want to take the same exact script and use it for Oracle 9i on UNIX. Is there a tool that would convert the database script from MSSQL 2000 to Oracle 9i (UNIX)? It would be great to find a program that would take my original MSSQL 2000 script and it convert it to the proper syntax so that Oracle can use it to build the my database. (Does Oracle have a tool or mode that will read MSSQL 2000 syntax?) Our database is not very fancy but I notice that SQL syntax for Oracle looks a lot different than the MSSQL script.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

--Rookie database person Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:23:48 CDT