Re: delete from a view

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:38:27 +0200

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:18:37 +0200, Frederic Houbie <fh_at_ionicsoft.comNOSPAAAAM> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a view that is a union all of several select. If I try to delete a
>row, I get ora 01752 error.
>
>I'm sure that I can delete the row directly, there is no constraint of FK
>on it.
>
>Any idea ?
>

>Thanks
>
>Frederic

Union all views are not updatable for obvious reasons (and this is documented)
Apart from the obvious solution (ie deleting the record directly) you could try an instead of trigger on your view. But you may ask whether you want your application yet more unstable.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA