Re: Creating the first user

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:21:16 +1000

Arthur wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just completed the Universal Installer. Then I ran the Database
> Creation Assistant and wrote everything to a file. After that I
> executed the file and it created my database.
>
> However, how do I create users? I cannot seem to log in via SQLPLUS
> with sys/change_on_install as it tells me it wants me to log in as
> 'sysdba'.
>
> So, how do I create my first user, or log in as system?
>
> Thanks.......
>
> Arthur

sqlplus /nolog          [note: no space after "/"]
connect / as sysdba     [note: space]

or

sqlplus /nolog
connect sys/change_on_install as sysdba

or

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

or

sqlplus "sys/change_on_install as sysdba"

Then... create user fred identified by wilma.

You've got to learn how to claim the AS SYSDBA system privilege as part of your login sequence in any case (because otherwise you can't connect as SYS in 9i, and therefore you won't be able to startup or shutdown).

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 01:21:16 CDT