Re: odbc driver Oracle 8.1.7.4

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:23:57 GMT

Tom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Not sure whether or not this is the right newsgroup to post this question,
> but here it is:
> Does anybody know what combination of Oracle / MS ODBC driver and MDAC is
> best for a Windows 2000 SP 4 Server? I'm running Oracle 8.1.7.4.0. I've
> tested several ODBC drivers and MDAC 2.5 / 2.7 SP1, but I keep getting
> errors about wrong datatypes in my ASP code. The code worked fine on a NT4
> system, but I'm upgrading to W2000 Server. The problems appear ad random:
> sometimes there are no problems at all, but every now and then (quite often
> as a matter of fact) the system cannot open a recordset or execute a query
> and then IIS 5 hangs.
>
> Anybody familiar with this problem?
>
> Any help is appreciated, since I've been searching for a couple of days now!
>
> Thanx!
>
> Tom

The best ODBC drivers I've seen for Oracle, are from Oracle. Install Oracle's ODBC drivers. I've also seen good ODBC drivers from Data Direct (?) but they cost $$$$$. I've had bad problems with MS's ODBC drivers for Oracle, so I stay away from them.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com