Re: How to : listener session=raw

From: Oracle Help <oraclehelp_at_dbdomain.cc>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:04:38 -0700

"Pierre HIRTH" <lepierot_at_yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:aef82276.0404270658.a0a40b7_at_posting.google.com...
> hi,
>
> This is a part of my listener :
>
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (PROTOCOL_STACK =
> (PRESENTATION = GIOP)
> (SESSION = RAW)
> )
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = JDEPROD)(PORT = 2481))
>
> Someone could tel me what's PRESENTATION=GIOP, SESSION=RAW and how is used
to ?

> thank's

This listener address is there to support earlier releases of Oracle8i that use the Oracle JServer for Java Virtual Machine (VM) requests (for example, clients accessing Enterprise Java Beans and CORBA Servers in the Java VM). This configures the listener location for General Inter-Orb Protocol (GIOP) presentation support.

oraclehelp_at_dbdomain.cc
Online- and CD-based Self Study Oracle Training Received on Tue Apr 27 2004 - 13:04:38 CDT