Re: - determine Operating system using pl/sql??

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:55:38 -0400

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> a écrit dans le message de news:408df1a1$0$12740$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> In short, search for the string ".EXE", and if you find it, you're on
> Windows. If you don't, you're using a proper operating system!

No, no ! VMS has ORACLE.EXE too, and is a proper OS !

The basic idea is good though, but I would look for : \ backslash because they are part of Windows file specifications (C:\somewhere\somefile.type)
/ slash because they are part of Unix file specifications (C:/somewhere/somefile.type)
[ square brackets because they are part of OpenVMS file specifications (diskname:[somewhere]somefile.type)

Just include the characters/strings for systems you know or use.

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site, en français)