Oracle Standby: Newly added datafiles won't be created on standby

From: <blueberry210_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2004 07:45:20 -0700

Hi there

I've got two servers running Oracle 9.2 and W2K3. One is the primary the other is a physical standby server.
The logshipping works fine. But there's one exception. When I add a new datafile on the primary server it isn't automatically created on the standby. The primary server runs in "force logging"-mode and on the standby server the "standby_file_management"-Parameter is set to AUTO. The error message is the following:

File #33 added to control file as 'UNNAMED00033'. Originally created as:
'Z:\ORACLE\ULOUSR_11\ULOUSR.DATA11'

Recovery was unable to create the file as:
'Z:\ORACLE\ULOUSR_11\ULOUSR.DATA11'

Errors with log .
Some recovered datafiles maybe left media fuzzy Media recovery may continue but open resetlogs may fail Media Recovery failed with error 1274

If I create the directory (e.g. ULOUSR_11) manually the datafile is created without problems.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help. Received on Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:45:20 CDT