Re: Building a test server

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:50:27 GMT

I bought a brand new budget pc (AMD 2.5Ghz, 0.5Gb, 40Gb 7200rpm hdd, lan/wireless) for 350euro just for Oracle and DB2 - I'm sure you can get cheap hardware like this anywhere ... and most certainly in holland :-)
Threw SUSE on it, Oracle 10g, 9iR2, DB2 UDB and off we go ... and of course we have Crossover office
running for MS Office and ultra edit (accept no substitute !!! ;-) ) This system is really wicked for it's price and good enough to play around with ...
I also have a Pentium 233MMX (overclocked to 266Mhz) and 256Mb running with red hat linux and Oracle 8i OPS (on one
node), Oracle 9iR1, Oracle IAS9iR2 and DB2 UDB - I use raw devices on this one so 256Mb mem is not really a problem !