Table performance over time

From: Richard Elliott <richard.a.elliott_at_williams.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2004 13:03:57 -0700

Watching the performance of several tables decline over time. Is there a standard process to perform on tables that have lots of updates,inserts and deletes on them ? I know from experiance that an export/import will improved performance, but that's not feasible except in the case of an emergency restore.

Using the Rule based optimizer, so I don't think analysing the tables will make any difference ? (Why I'm using RBO is a whole different subject)

Unix Solaris 2.7 (migrating to 2.8 next month) Oracle 8.1.6 (migrating to 9I this summer) Received on Mon Apr 26 2004 - 15:03:57 CDT