Re: Oracle 7 > Oracle 9 question

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:03:42 GMT

> - Delete Oracle 7.3.4
> - Upgrade NT to 2000
> - Install Oracle 9I

These simple steps won't work to upgrade to a newer version. There is more to it than just installing the latest version of the code. I would highly recommend reading the Oracle 9i Migration Guide. It has complete, detailed instructions on how to perform the upgrade process.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com