Oracle 7 > Oracle 9 question

From: DjPaolo <djpaolo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2004 04:58:37 -0700

Hi,

I have a Windows NT 4 Server (SP6a) with Oracle 7.3.4. There are 2 things I would like to do:

  1. Upgrade Win NT 4 to Win 2000 Server (servername will change too)
  2. Install/upgrade Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 9I

I thought of the following method to do this:

Because this server has more financial applications it is not an option to install a clean installation of Windows 2000.

Is this the right way for installation or can I expect some problems here?

Thanks,
Paolo Received on Mon Apr 26 2004 - 06:58:37 CDT