Re: Load Testing Script

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:52:26 GMT

Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In Oracle 10g is there a simple PL\SQL type script you can recommend
> that will load test a database? A script that is written for 9i that
> works in 10g would be fine too. I am looking for it do basic
> operations to create tables, insert x rows, delete x rows, query
> tables etc.
>
> I am new to 10g and would like to shake it out a bit before I handing
> it over to developers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Not quite sure what kinds of tests you want. However ....

Consider getting yourself a copy of Tom Kyte's Expert One-on-One Oracle (ISBN: 1590592433) and using the scripts in that as a basis for your tests. It's written toward 8i but still makes an excellent base for the types of tests I'd envision for 10g.

/Hans Received on Sun Apr 25 2004 - 09:52:26 CDT