Re: Logical reads

From: john <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2004 06:58:54 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<408a20f7$0$25655$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> john wrote:
> > Anybody have any insight into the difference between the statistics
> > 'session logical reads' and 'consistent gets' + 'db block gets' at
> > both the session and system level. Usually the logical reads is
> > determined by consistent gets + db block gets, session logical reads
> > does not always equal this value. I'm just wondering why and if
> > there's any reason to use one over the other. I've seen it both ways
> > but not really any explanation. Seems that both should be correct.
> >
> > John Parker
> > parkerj at tusc dot com
>
> Well, what do your friends at TUSC say on the matter?
>
> HJR
I've asked the same question in house as well. I'm just wanting the feedback of the community at large as well. I'm not so bright that I know everything. Please let me know what you think. I've been doing this dba thing for a while now and I've come to realize that the lessons I remember best are the ones I learned while fixing my own mistakes. I try to gather all the information I can on a topic from as many different sources as possible and then attempt to distill out a reasonable solution.

Thanks for your response Howard.

John Parker
parkerj at tusc dot com Received on Sat Apr 24 2004 - 08:58:54 CDT