Logical reads

From: john <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2004 07:28:51 -0700

Anybody have any insight into the difference between the statistics 'session logical reads' and 'consistent gets' + 'db block gets' at both the session and system level. Usually the logical reads is determined by consistent gets + db block gets, session logical reads does not always equal this value. I'm just wondering why and if there's any reason to use one over the other. I've seen it both ways but not really any explanation. Seems that both should be correct.

John Parker
parkerj at tusc dot com Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 09:28:51 CDT