Re: oracle standard vs oracle enterprise

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:22:21 GMT

gigg wrote:

> i heard that the most important different between oracle standard server
> and oracle enterprise server is that the second supports more than two
> processor (on a sun machine for example, the one i have).
> is it true?

You might find a bit of research on Oracle's site to be useful as this is clearly documented. Go to http://otn,oracle.com and search for documents with 'Family of Products' in the title.

My interpretation: Standard-One to 2 CPU. Standard goes to 4 CPU. Enterprise for anything past 4 CPU and it adds a lot of enhanced/automated 'high availability', 'big user count' and 'big data set' capablities as well as the basis for some advanced features.

But you need to look at this yourself. Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 07:22:21 CDT