Re: Error in Procedure

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:04:31 -0700

Pawan wrote:

> Thanks Jim. I know that it is much faster to do it in a single SQL.
> But unfortunately this procedure is part of a java application and new
> requirements are forcing us to change the procedure. We tested the
> procedure in Oracle 8i but fails in 9i.
> I am not able to find the typo.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Pawan

I can't think of many practices worse than writing SQL in Java, or any other front-end rather than writing it in SQL*Plus, benchmarking it, running EXPLAIN PLAN, running a trace and figuring out what it is doing.

My advice: Get your SQL into SQL*Plus, get it working. Then, and only then, put it into your Java code.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu