Oracle Export while insertion

From: Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:14:29 +0800

Hi all,

(FYI...Oracle 9.0.2.0.1 running on UNIX HP-UX11) I would like to ask if we can do Oracle Export for backup while the insertion is still occurring?

Is there a great impact on this?

Problem is we can't stop the process but want to do the Export for backup at night time.

And the Oracle export command using is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/exp pwd/pwd PARFILE=expParam

Regards,
Ursula Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 22:14:29 CDT