Re: Percentage of who's on what...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 14:53:52 -0700

"G Dahler" <yellow-shark_at_spamex.com> wrote in message news:<wvuhc.51916$Gp4.1220269_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> a écrit dans le message de
> > Madison Pruet wrote:
> >

> > > Because I then have to print them out and bind them.
> > >

> > Apparently you don't work for GreenPeace.
> >

> Yeah maybe, but PDF and HTML documentation really sucks, unless you have
> LOTS of screen real estate: Like a 2nd monitor only for the doc viewing.
> And even then, it's hard to look at 2 books at the same time ! I miss the
> days of printed documentation and I still use my old oracle 7 printed doc
> for basic syntax.

I often find myself getting frustrated with the screen, so I print out a chapter and read it with the same thing on the screen so I can do the hyperlinks. Not sure if it is the best or worst of both worlds. I do get to feel guilty about using up my customers toner and fusers though. And I get to have a bunch of piles of paper with extra large clips filling up cabinets, makes me feel productive. smirk.

I think "Toner Low" would be a great name for a rock band.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Happy Birthday Jack Nicholson!