Re: Percentage of who's on what...

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:52:56 +0200

Hans Forbrich wrote:
> Jim Kennedy wrote:
>

>>Yes, but one can print it out and accomplish the same thing.  I think
>>buying the docs is quite pricey.

> Using something like Blue Squirrel's ClickBook to do 'booklet printing can
> cut costs again significantly. You can do properly-faced double-sided
> while printing 2-up on letter, effectively creating books that are 5-1/2 x
> 8 - the preferred 'IT manual size'.
>
> I've been printing the docs myself for quite a while. Cost is about 1/4
> that of official Oracle supplied docco. (Between ClickBook the
> self-printing cost, I've cost-justified a brand new LaserJet.)
>
> I wonder where he'd be able to purchase printed Oracle7 or Oracle8 manuals?
> (I just threw out my Oracle8 set, as they were useless!)
>
> /H

Doubt if Oracle still has (relatively new) sets of 7 and 8 documentation. I got mine when a set came back from a customer, and was ready to be wasted. Still shrink wrapped, most of them.
Still have the complete set of 7 (.3) doccu, as well as the RDBMS Performance Tuning Guide V6.0 - for old times sake.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel