Re: Import Data and store them in a # tablespace

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:37:00 -0500

On 22 Apr 2004 09:40:28 -0700, mb_at_asterop.com (M Bouloussa) wrote:

>Please, I need some help
>
>Scenari
>
>1)
>Create tablespace MY_TABLESPACE_1
>datafile 'MY_TABLESPACE_1.dbf'
>size 1M autoextend
>on next 1M maxsize unlimited
>2)
>create user SOMEUSER identified by SOMEPWD
>default tablespace MY_TABLESPACE_1
>temporary tablespace temp
>quota unlimited on MY_TABLESPACE_1
>3)
>grant connect to SOMEUSER
>

>Then I connect as user SOMEUSER/SOMEPWD and I create some tables
>These tables are stored in the default tablespace (MY_TABLESPACE_1)
>

>Now I have an oracle dump and I want to import all the data of this
>dump to my user SOMEUSER but not in the default tablespace
>(MY_TABLESPACE_1): I want to store these "new" data in the tablespace
>MY_TABLESPACE_2
>

>How can I do that ?
>
>Thank you for the help
>
>MB

Oracle version????

What do you mean by 'an Oracle dump'? Do you mean a .dmp file created by exp? If so, why not just

ALTER USER someuser
DEFAULT TABLESPACE my_tablespace_2;

then run your import with the TO_USER option. When complete, set your default TS back to my_tablespace_1.

Of course, this assumes the tables you are importing have different names than any of the existing tables. If this assumption is incorrect, then you need to re-think the real problem you're trying to solve. Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 12:37:00 CDT