Re: Import Data and store them in a # tablespace

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:02:37 +0200

"M Bouloussa" <mb_at_asterop.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ab03d38.0404220840.104427ab_at_posting.google.com...
> Please, I need some help
>
> Scenari
>
> 1)
> Create tablespace MY_TABLESPACE_1
> datafile 'MY_TABLESPACE_1.dbf'
> size 1M autoextend
> on next 1M maxsize unlimited
> 2)
> create user SOMEUSER identified by SOMEPWD
> default tablespace MY_TABLESPACE_1
> temporary tablespace temp
> quota unlimited on MY_TABLESPACE_1
> 3)
> grant connect to SOMEUSER
>

> Then I connect as user SOMEUSER/SOMEPWD and I create some tables
> These tables are stored in the default tablespace (MY_TABLESPACE_1)
>

> Now I have an oracle dump and I want to import all the data of this
> dump to my user SOMEUSER but not in the default tablespace
> (MY_TABLESPACE_1): I want to store these "new" data in the tablespace
> MY_TABLESPACE_2
>

> How can I do that ?

You must get imp to create an index file. (indexfile=...) Then you uncomment the table creation statements and modify the tablespace clauses. Then you run the script through sqlplus. When you run imp now it will use the created tables.

Sorry for this idiotic way but AFAIK that's the oracle recommended way. Look up the LOB section of imp to find out more about this.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 12:02:37 CDT