Re: What's up with tahiti.com - anyone else have problems?

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:41:58 -0500

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:

>Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote in message news:<pnp780hjdmousskt7jvi322ur63g23n734_at_4ax.com>...
>> Anyone else having problems with tahiti.oracle.com? I normally hit it
>> several times a day to look up an error msg or check a manual. On
>> Friday it asked me to log in (something it seems to do sporadically)
>> but wouldn't accept my userid and password. Even after requesting a
>> confirmation of my password, I copied and pasted the information from
>> the confirming e-mail, but still rejected.
>>
>> What's even more strange is that after following some links to find a
>> place to report the problem, I found myself at
>> http://www.oracle.com/corporate/contact/index.html, and that page had
>> a 'Welcome' with my e-mail address and a 'logout' link. It obviously
>> thought I was already logged in. When I followed links from there to
>> the OTN forums, (http://forums.oracle.com/forums/index.jsp?cat=48) the
>> Welcome said I was 'guest' and had a 'Login' link.
>>
>> I was able to read the OTN forums as a guest, there were several
>> others reporting the same problem.
>
>I've noticed a number of strangenesses among the various sites since
>they put out the new metalink, looks to me like they are trying to
>rollout various new pages and us users see the results of
>webcache-aphasia. I wonder if they are upgrading their SSO?
>
>jg

Since cookies are used to indicate your log in status, perhaps you accidentally ( or as part of your security routines) deleted the cookie(s) used by Tahiti, etc or the site is failing to read some of your cookies. (Somehow that sounds slightly dirty :-) )

If Tahiti ( or metalink and otn) fails to properly add the cookie-reading routine to a new page, it will not recognize you. Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 08:41:58 CDT