Re: oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp

From: Simon Tobias <Simon.Tobias_at_nospam.microfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:28:43 +0100

You shouldn't need to change the makefiles at all. Typically, passing in LIBDIR=lib32 is sufficient to create 32-bit applications.

I made various posts to comp.lang.cobol over the past week or so regarding this type of issue -- look for the thread entitled "Server Express 64bit and Oracle 9i problem (114) on AIX 5.2",

I'd suggest going back to the original makefiles, and following those suggestions. If you're still getting problems, please post to the Micro Focus Forums, which you can access from http://www.cobolportal.com/ .

SimonT. Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 03:28:43 CDT