Re: table stats

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 23:58:46 -0700

> > I think on 817 the method_opt should be left to the default (which is
> > not the same as 'null') to mimic standard analyze behaviour. If memory
> > serves its something like 'for all columns size 1'
> >

> I believe you're right. The irritating thing is that the
> default for cascade is FALSE - and you need it to
> be true to emulate the default behaviour for analyze.

Yes, the default for method_opt is not null. But if I left it as default, it takes ages to complete as it collects too much statistics for histograms and stuff like that. Which option of method_opt is the same as the one from analyze table command?

One other question. Why can't I mixed analyze table with dbms_stats? The current tables have been analyzed using 'analyze table ...' but I would slowly like to start using dbms_stats.

thanks
Daud Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 01:58:46 CDT