Re: Migrating 9 to 10g, Win2K to Linux

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:26:53 +1200

Much as I love Unix over Windows, Oracle Reports Server on Unix is a bit nasty. If you have a lot of Oracle Reports and have either or mix of fonts, mix of printers, mix of languages then be prepared for printer and font alignment nastiness. This is partly because the printing model on Unix is weak but also because Oracle try to implement their own driver model.